Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fish Tacos


Thank God that's what I had for lunch the other day because had I choked down the chicken, I may have quickly became sickened. Immediately after gobbling up my Chavella's tacos, I took a little walk and unwittingly stumbled upon these guys - or gals most likely. These are not the kittenishly cute hens housed in pretty little city coops like my friend Hillary has been pining for. No, they're not. I like those. I'm all for them. This was a pretty shitty poultry prison smack dab in the heart of Brooklyn. Big. Ugly. Caged. Stinky. Sad. Hidden behind a big warehouse door that just happened to be open as I walked by, I felt compelled to stop and take some snaps. The owners smiled at me delightfully like it was some sort of petting zoo. (There was a goat!) However, it was gross. Nasty in fact! And it really made get to thinking. I have a half eaten rotisserie chicken sitting in my fridge as I type this, and it sort of makes me feel bad. Shall I open the window and set what's left free? Will that make me feel any better? Actually, yeah, I think chucking that sucker out my fucking front window would actually make me feel really good; hitting some a-hole on it's way down...even better. Done! Wow. Vegetarianism. Who knew it could make you feel that good? Plus, I'm never really that enticed by the leftovers of a rotisserie chicken, even if there is more than half left. It's just not the same. Waste not, want not. Wait. I think waste and want actually applies here. My bad.

(This pic was taken with my camera phone. Not bad, right, but I really need to start using my real camera.)

1 comment:

  1. You are correct Tony, my future birds would never resemble this. They will be pretty, full, diverse in coloring, and only for the eggs. That and the pleasure of just watching them cluck around in the yard... Until then.

    ReplyDelete