Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Holding on for a Hero

My last post made me think of this. I saw a really funny thing on the subway one morning. The train was pretty packed, and I had a spot leaning against the doors between the seats. Across the way there was a little, older Asian woman holding onto the overhead handrail. Remember, the train was packed. Well, the lady was holding on for dear life, eyes closed, and she was TOTALLY getting thrashed around. I braced myself and looked around, but EVERYONE was peacefully standing like the train wasn't even in motion, even the people who were not holding onto anything gracefully reading newspapers. I wanted to walk over and tap the lady on the shoulder and ask, "scuse me, are we on the same ride?"

(Even with all the possibilities I couldn't find a suitable pic for the post. I like this though.)

No comments:

Post a Comment