Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Observation


Smack dab in the middle of Times Square is Military Island. I pretty much walk through this mess every morning on my way to the office. This morning, as usual, there were a slew of pigeons milling about. I found myself weaving through them like I was in a video game. I thought to myself, "I could easily punt one of these winged rats right now." I played the scenario of successfully making contact complete with bystander reaction through my head, and thought better of it. It was the likely crowd reaction that ultimately influenced my final decision. As I continued on I overheard a kid who looked about eight say to his cohort, all bright-eyed, sinister and serious, "we should kick a bird." It warmed my heart as I continued on, chuckling.
(Neat perspective, huh? Photo by Alis Cummings.)

1 comment:

  1. Tony,
    This is a copyrighted photograph you are using without permission.
    PLEASE REMOVE IT IMMEDIATELY

    Alis Cummings

    ReplyDelete