Sunday, June 7, 2009

If you see something, say something.

Yesterday I saw something that made me think of something so now I'm going to say something. I saw this blind man cruising - i mean CRUISING - down an overcrowded NY street. He had his walking stick out, swinging it from side to side, and people - as if a match were lit beneath their feet - were kicking up their heels and jumping out of the way. I watched his path emblaze as he essentially speed walked on by. I thought, if I was going that way and needed to get there fast, I would have jumped in the path right behind him and ridden his coattails. This manner would be similar in which a driver pulls behind an ambulance immediately as it passes so he can drive fast directly behind it. C'mon. Don't look at me like that. All you drivers do it. And now this walking thing. Brilliant. That stick (and the reaction to it) also reminds me of the tide on the edge of the beach creeping up, and people - walking with shoes on they don't want to get wet - jump and run as a wave rolls in. Sort of. Right?

(I also saw Amy Sedaris trail blazing yesterday. Not kidding, she raced by like wildfire chatting incessantly with her friend. I honestly thought about getting behind her and following her, but for a different reason. I love her. And I wanted to see where she was going. I thought better of it and just basked in her afterglow.

Also weird...this is a picture of a walking stick and I started watching Pan's Labyrinth last night. That fairy thing is a walking stick, right? I only got 15 minutes in before I fell asleep. Will watch tonight. We also used to catch walking sticks in Wisconsin as a kid. FYI.)

No comments:

Post a Comment