Monday, August 24, 2009

not a haiku, just a plain ol* po eem**



Japanese style dressing
You mean Kimono?
Yoko. OH NO!
Orange in color and oh so saucy
Gingerly dressing my bed of greens
Succulent and taste-full of grace
Japanese RESTAURANT style SALAD dressing
Yumm mee
(Watching Memoirs of a Geisha and ordering Hapanese food must have inspired me. Does anyone know where I can buy this stuff?)

*OL, an abbreviation in Japan for Office Lady, a female worker in Japan who performs generally pink collar tasks such as serving tea.
**A girl I once knew said it that way. (poem = po eem)

1 comment:

  1. Japanese Restaurant Style Salad Dressing. That's actually what it's called? And I thought I was being culturally insensitive when I referred to it as that. Phew - I feel better about myself now. (Tony, your poetry changes lives).

    ReplyDelete