Tuesday, August 25, 2009

C D B! (by William Steig)


Few remember this book. I just ordered it online and cannot wait for it's arrival. It's the first book I can remember being enthralled with as a seven year old, and it definitely had a huge influence on my love for puns and clever word play; silly too. Actually, I think it had a huge impact on how I think. Simply and overall. I remember sitting on a burlap sack on the grammar school library floor and just studying it in awe. I think we may have watched a filmstrip first, but I cannot fully remember. I never forgot that book title though. Throughout the years, I've occasionally said it to myself. In the shower. While driving. Walking the dog. Whenever. C D B! It just always gives me a silent chuckle.

(Huh. I find it odd I didn't use any puns, word play or clever techniques that I love so much in this post. Hmmm. I C U P N D FL4. There. Much better.)

3 comments:

  1. I'll bring mine by and you can read it in a sitting. It's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. TB:
    You probably should get Pete's a Pizza, Sylvester and the Magic Pebble and of course, Shrek.
    My kids love Steg's books. Alas, he's gone on to his eternal reward. But he left a lot behind for us to remember him by.
    TO

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA! I'll go to the bookstore tonight and check them out. I already love Pete's a Pizza.

    ReplyDelete