Monday, October 12, 2009

2 Years, No Cable


What the what! I can't believe that I have gone almost two full years without cable television. Now don't get me wrong, I'm still a boob toob tuber (couch potato is so 80's, although I suppose so is boob toob). I manage to see all the good shows online and with Netflix, and I think my viewing habits have become much more efficient, however I really miss useless news chatter as background noise - which has since been replaced with NPR, but it's just not the same. In all honestly, the one thing I truly miss most is the advertising. If I don't get bombarded regularly with commercials, how is it that I'm supposed to know what it is that I want? Did I miss the unveiling of any scrumptious new Taco Bell edible product thingies remotely resembling tacos this year? Is there a new 4-in-1 age defying wrinkle cream that helps control my adult acne, my gas and my foot sweating problems? Probably a resounding YES, but I don't know it. Damn it!

(I think for my official 2-year Anniversary I will celebrate by ordering cable. Can't wait! I miss movie trailers too. Seeking them out on your own is just too much work.)

1 comment:

  1. i think that's a great idea. i can't wait for you to fall in love with ny1 - i always have it on in the background. and the weathe music makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete