Wednesday, September 2, 2009

the way to a man's heart is through his stomach

To tell you the truth, for me, that particular passageway seems to be more like the way through some sort of mechanism for what appears to be a method for drowning kittens. I'm just sayin. Not sure if you can get to my heart through my stomach yet, but I'll let you know if it ever happens.


Back to the subject at hand. The devine Ms. Maxine Fortenberry, one of my favorite characters on TV at the moment (next to Peggy, whom I love to hate), was at it again and has concocted a truly tasty looking casserole creation for her ungrateful bastard of a son, Hoyt on True Blood.


I grew up in the Midwest during the 80's and was a casserole baby. Now I'm thinking my mom must not have truly loved us because she never made this one. If a mother loved her children, like Maxine does, she would make this casserole. Want my heart (not Maryann style served in a hunter's souffle, argh)? Make this for me! Although, I bet I'll really have to drown the kittens after eating this one.

(I don't think you can see here but she douses the entire dish with green hot sauce. She was a little upset with herself that she didn't freeze the Snickers, but she was cra-zay biz-zay that day. Please please please don't judge her. We all make mistakes and cut corners sometimes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment